Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Day 2 Pre-Breakthrough Collaborative Sacramento

Today, I had an appointment at my doctor's office to schedule a TB skin test. In order to prepare for this summer internship, I needed to get a Tuberculosis skin test done and send the results into the program director before I arrived in California. For those of you who have never had this done before, it is not painful at all. When I was informed that I had to get this test done, I slightly panicked thinking that it was going to be extremely painful, but once I got into the doctor's office, it was just fine. The nurse injected some liquid right under your skin and holds it there for about 15 seconds before removing it and covering it with a bandage. I'll have to come back within 48-72 hours for the nurse to examine it and then I will send in the results to BSAC. I'm glad it's over with, but still, not painful at all. I was pleasantly surprised!

On the plus side, I got a fun Scooby Doo bandaid! That always makes things so much better! Stay awesome lovelies!
See you soon,

Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment